The Delfin III, Delfin's new stylish vessel begins the journey in the remote town of Nauta, Peru transports guests in exceptional comfort into the amazon rainforest, along the mighty amazon river, to the Ucayali river, the amazon’s largest tributary, as well as other neighboring creeks, each one rich in cultural experiences, some wildlife and thriving rainforests. Go fishing for piranhas, explore into the dense jungle on foot in search of three-toed sloths, toucans, macaws then come back to the comfort of our skiffs to and hunt for endangered pink dolphins, unique to the amazon, at play. As the Delfin III journeys towards the union of the Ucayali and the marañon rivers considered the birthplace of the amazon, learn from our experienced, english speaking naturalist guides about the diverse cultural experiences in the amazon, wildlife, and birds while enjoying the panoramic views from onboard.
Low water season: June to october. Ideal for travelers that prefer to walk through the rainforest to discover its flora and fauna. Allows for more trail walks.
High water season: November to may. Ideal for travelers that prefer to duck into otherwise isolated corners of the reserve onboard speedboats. Allows for more extensive exploration and access via water.
The Delfin III, Delfin's new stylish vessel begins the journey in the remote town of Nauta, Peru and transports guests in exceptional comfort into the amazon rainforest. Iquitos is served by numerous daily flights from Lima, Peru's capital. The flights take one hour and twenty-five minutes.
The 169-foot-long, Delfin III has been tailor-made to suit its environment while maintaining its integrity as a truly stylish river cruise ship. The Delfin III offers an extraordinary level of comfort and style. The ship can accommodate a maximum of 42 cruise ship guests in 4 different styles of suites featuring floor to ceiling panoramic picture windows. This 5-star river cruise ship is the perfect size to sail along the amazon river, providing an extremely comfortable indoor and outdoor lounge, outdoor plunge pool, exercise room, spa, dining room, and sleeping accommodations. Up to 42 passengers. 1 owner suite, 2 corner suites, 10 upper suites, 8 suites, 1 tc single cabin.
Indoor and outdoor top deck lounges, pool, full bar, spa, gym, boutique
- Owner (1): 55.55 meters2 (597.40 feet2 )
- Corner (2): 23.50 meters2 (252.95 feet2 )
- Upper (10): 23.50 meters2 (252.95 feet2 )
- Suite (8): 22 meters2 (236.81 feet2 )
All suites come with
- All-natural bath amenities.
- Nightly turndown service.
- in-room electronic safe.
- individual climate control.
- Purifi ed water replenished daily.
- Under-bed storage.
- Multi-confi guration plugs. 110v/220v (does not fi t european plugs).
- Hair dryer & makeup mirror.
- Iron and ironing board.
Additional Amenities for Owner´S Suite and Corner Suite
- Mini-bar with water and soft drinks
- Shoe cleaning upon request
- scented bath on request (owner’s suite)
- One complimentary 30-minute spa treatment per guest
Dining & Entertainment
- Expertly trained culinary team providing buffet breakfast and seated multiple-course lunch and dinner with options.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, purified water, natural juices, soft drinks, beer, and pisco-based cocktails and sours
- Complimentary house wine with lunch and dinner (dining room only)
- Educational talks
- welcome reception
- farewell reception
- Spacious air-conditioned indoor lounge & dining room
- Plunge pool, spa room & fitness center
Thanks to the cultural diversity of our country, Peruvian gastronomy has become one of the most craved-after kitchens on the continent and the world. Because of this, Delfin, apart from being dedicated to bringing you the adventurous amazonian spirit into your life, is proud to have the opportunity to present you with a full menu of foods and beverages prepared in utmost style, quality, and originality. We hope you enjoy the creativity of our specialized kitchen and its crew who work hard to present you with balanced and exquisite menus every day.
Our innovative chef will surprise you with the most exotic culinary delights, always freshly prepared in the school of Peruvian gourmet gastronomy infused with touches and inspirations from the rainforest around you.
We are happy to accommodate any special diets and restrictions with timely prior notice.
- Arrival day: dinner;
- Cruise days: all meals & snacks;
- Departure day: breakfast, lunch
- Natural juices, soda, coffee, tea, water
- Pisco cocktail & sours
- House wines with lunch and dinner
DELFIN III FACT SHEET
Launched: October 2015
Type of vessel: River vessel
Port of Embarkation: City of Nauta
Vessel´s Registry: Peru
Length: 168 feet
Beam: 39 feet
Capacity: 42 passengers
Generator: 2 Caterpillars, 120KW each
Engine: Caterpillar C18 455HP
Cruising Speed: Average 10 knots
Water: Water treatment plant with 4 tanks (1,100 liters each one)
Sewage Waters: Sewage treatment plant PTAR with 2 tanks
Radio Communication: VHF-FM, HF, satellite trapping system
NOVACAM/ SIMTRAC and satellite phone on board
Launch Boats: 3 aluminum 17 passenger skiffs (for emergency with two motors Mercury 60HP engine)
Life Jackets: 80 life jackets on board.